Welcome to the ramblings of a tired mother. Hopefully in my senile sermons you will see a glimpse of yourself; otherwise I'm alone in my delusions. After signing up for this blog, it only took me about six months to make my first post. That's got to be some kind of record. Originally titled, "The Hopeless Homemaker", I updated it figuring we all needed a little hope, hence the (foolishly?) optimistic title. Like I said above, homemaking is as elusive to me as rocket science. Other than the great love I have for my precious children, and the desire I have to be a constant positive force in their lives, I sometimes think I'm cut out more for a career than for shadowing Martha Stewart. The whole idea behind this blog is to laugh at the mishaps of stay-at-home moms, find simple ways to incorporate homemaking (for those of us who aren't Martha....if you are, you are probably too busy making ice sculptures for your children's birthday parties to have time to read a blog), and most importantly, to remember that the most important part of homemaking IS being a mother. Despite this fact, we are all in tears when we cannot whip out a patchwork quilt and cook a pie from scratch all while nursing our babies. I'm all about simplifying and addressing what's important: our precious family members. The heart of homemaking, to me, is being deliberately kind in the way we treat each-other and making a 'home' for souls that can feel accepted and appreciated. If we can perfect this art, it will not matter if our apple pie is bought from the store or our tablecloths are hand-sewn. We will have created something more valuable.
No comments:
Post a Comment